Monday, March 22, 2010

Ronald Reagan Library

WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES
We loved this place. It was beautiful, interesting, and even our littlest had a great time.





Impressed by Reagan's Cowboy look.


The Berlin Wall


The side where the not-so-happy people lived.


Actual burial site...Seth was concentrating on his peanut butter and brown sugar sandwich! It didn't seem weird there, but in the picture....


Birthplace of Reagan, and Ethan's teacher's name.

A Jelly Belly Reagan.
Almost looks like we are there. Maybe someday!

The balcony overlooking the valley. You can see for miles, it was so beautiful, the pictures do not do it justice.










Some famous (to us) last names!



Marine 1-the president's ride. Papa and Ethan look so handsome!


In front of Air Force One-The whole plane is in a beautiful building with a glass wall. You get to walk through. They don't like you to take pictures inside, but I took one before I knew.


Nana and Papa Murdock








Seriously? I almost couldn't resist touching it. The wing is like 6 inches from us...its the grey line in this picture.



The picture I wasn't supposed to take. Ooops.




Model White House. Everything is exactly like Obama's White House, down to the pictures, decorations, colors..it was amazing.

This is inside the Oval Office of the model. There is even a portrait of Obama's family on the desk. Everything is identical to his life sized office.


The boys loved the fighter jet outside. It was much bigger than I expected. Kev and I really want to go back and look more closely at all the Reagan memorabilia. They have everything, the clothes he was shot in, the booth he proposed to Nancy in, love letters, his radio microphone, and more, it was way more interesting than I was expecting. Next time I'd love to eat there, we thought it might be crowded so we ate first, but the restraunts were so cute and everything looked so good.

1 comment:

Gina said...

How fun. I LOVED visiting the library. Did you get to see the letters he wrote to his wife? They were the SWEETEST things. He so loved her :) He was my fav president. I wanted to name Morgan "Reagan".